Planning for data management
Researchers need to plan for data sharing, records management, long-term preservation, and retention schedules for data. The Records Management at UF provides important guidance on research records and data. The Institutional Review Board provides important information on research data storage and security guidelines. Below are UF Records Management and Uf Institutional Review (IRB) resources to assist researchers in planning for data management before, during, and after funded research.
- UF Research Lifecycle – https://research.ufl.edu/research-lifecycle.html
- UF Research Records and Data – https://records.uflib.ufl.edu/record-retention/research-records-data/
- Research Data is Institutional Property – https://irb.ufl.edu/index/data.html
- Data/Record Storage and Security – https://irb.ufl.edu/index/data/1981-2.html
- Destruction of Data – https://irb.ufl.edu/index/data/2019-2.html
Select online training resources
- Guidelines for Responsible Data Management in Scientific Research from the US Office of Research Integrity
- ESIP Data Management Short Courses for Scientists – https://commons.esipfed.org/datamanagementshortcourse
- MANTRA Research Data Management Training, an Open Educational Resource from EDINA and Data Library, University of Edinburgh
- Datasets: Where to Find Them has links to subject-specific depositories.
- Your library subject specialist can help.
- ORCID provides a persistent digital identifier (an ORCID iD) that you own and control, and that distinguishes you from every other researcher.
- VIVO is a research-focused discovery tool that enables collaboration among scientists across all disciplines. Browse or search information on people, departments, courses, grants, and publications.
Grant and other funding information
- UF Office of Research Division of Sponsored Programs
- UF External Funding Resources – https://research.ufl.edu/finding-funding/external-funding-opportunity-resources.html